Fresh Axis deer back straps. Harvested on the Island of Moloka’i. (I didn’t get to take one, but my buddy Allen got a nice buck!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winewop

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 19, 2021
76AAA988-E729-4981-B402-AFCCD1824B2B.jpeg

One of the best eating animals on this planet.
A buddy of mine goes to hunt the islands 2-3 times a yr to stock up on meat. Then I raid his freezer when I watch his dogs when he is out of state hunting.:emoji_joy::emoji_thumbsup:

My body can't handle those hunts any longer, it sucks having a jacked up spine.

Reactions: Winewop
One of the best eating animals on this planet.
A buddy of mine goes to hunt the islands 2-3 times a yr to stock up on meat. Then I raid his freezer when I watch his dogs when he is out of state hunting.:emoji_joy::emoji_thumbsup:

My body can't handle those hunts any longer, it sucks having a jacked up spine.
Sadly, I too have a hard time with the hike hunts; 2 titanium hips and all… I live on Big Island where we have tons of pigs. Maui county islands have the deer.

Reactions: forktender
Nice!!!
Axis is freaking amazing in taste. I've taken a doe once and wow best venison flavor of any deer animal I've eaten. I have yet to eat Red Deer/Stag but was told it is also fantastic and those two come up in the best flavor debate.

Reactions: Winewop
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky