FRENCH ONION RIBEYE SANDWICH

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
1638914588760.png

OMG Travis!!
You're at it again!!
Haven't seen any of these for awhile.
This one is as good as all your others have been----AWESOME!!!!
Thanks for showing!
Like.

Bear

Alright! The sandwich king has returned!! Looks awesome Travis. Glad you are making the those whoppers again.

That is totally off the hook and awesome Travis! You haven't lost your touch.
It's more of a SandWISH.

Dang I want to move to a warmer climate. That looks great.

Point for sure
Chris

Phenomenal Travis, dang it… I’d liked to have the other half with a cold one or two! Very nice man!

Travis my man I must say I'm very disappointed other than those nasty shrooms that sammich sounds and looks like a really fantastic work of art that must have delighted the taste buds. Heck that could make a person hurt themselves eating that whole half then crying because it was gone way to fast. Now you may ask why I'd be so disappointed well that's easy it's cause you didn't bring the other half down here and share it with me heck I would have supplied the beer :emoji_laughing: Very nice creation

A little while back I picked up a few really nice ribeys!.. At Wal-Mart of all places!.. I posted a thread about how nice they were and how suprised I was to find them in a supermarket. A few had stated that they expected to see a sandwich made with one of them....well....here it is..lol!

A little background on why I made this sandwich the way I did. I saw something on you tube the other day about French onion soup.. I'm not a big soup guy but I do love me some French onion soup...then I thought why dont I make a French onion soup burger???? But then....i have these wonderful ribeye steaks...so.. Then I go to work!...

First off I needed a good bread.. Something to hold up to all the juicy steak and onions.. I chose a ciabatta loaf...yes a loaf. Not a roll...a loaf. For those that have seen my past sandwich cooks you know why 😉.

So... The loaf. I used half a loaf, split and then toasted.
View attachment 518439

Next up the onions...then I decided I needed to use up some shrooms I had so I used those too.. Not needed but hey why not?
View attachment 518440

All cooked down... I did add a little butter and oil.... Worchestershire and soy sauce.
View attachment 518441

The steak was just a bit over 1lb..seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning and then it went on the kettle and cooked to about 130°.... Pulled off and let it rest before slicing
View attachment 518442View attachment 518443View attachment 518444

Time to build..
Started with a little aged provalone on the bottom.
View attachment 518445

Next up. Pile on all the steak!
View attachment 518446

Then pile on the onions and a huge mound of Gruyere cheese and the top half of the ciabatta loaf.
At this point I set it down in a pan. Added a splash if water and put a lid on to steam. Best way to melt cheese in my opinion.
View attachment 518447View attachment 518448

Once the cheese melted it was time to eat!!
Cut in half I could hardly hold it in one hand!!! Lol!!View attachment 518449View attachment 518450

Man was this thing good! I ate half and was stuffed!
Thanks for taking a look!!
You're killing me!!!:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

That’s one heck of a sandwich Travis!! It’s screaming to be dipped in au jus too! Send the other half over here and I’ll make it happen!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Travis, you got me leaking now

There's a tear in my eye and drool on my chin

THAT'S A FANTASTIC SANDWICH.
And I would even eat the mushroom's in that with the onions , ( normally I would pass on the rooms )
But that is a great meal right there

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky