Freeze or wait?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I bought that rib roast to dry age Wed. Amazon showed the 25 for delivery so order 2 day shipping from Umai. They not shipping until today so not real sure when they get here. Now amazon shows one day delivery. Should I go ahead and freeze or wait? Guess I could just unwrap and start the age with no bag.

No need to freeze it as long as it's kept in the fridge. If it is shipped in cryovac I'd leave it in the bag till the uMai delivery shows up.

Robert

No need to freeze it as long as it's kept in the fridge. If it is shipped in cryovac I'd leave it in the bag till the uMai delivery shows up.

Robert
Ii just in regular package after he cut it. I picked up my third one today. Went to get turnips to make Jeff's mash. This will make two really nice steaks. I have to quit walking by the meat counter!!! I got a ton of ribeyes in freezer all ready.

20220121_092414.jpg 20220121_093645.jpg 20220121_093816.jpg

Damn those nice steaks!

20220121_094651.jpg 20220121_094656.jpg

Last edited:
Good looking steaks Brian

I think I should of froze it now,. It appears package is stuck in Plano. It is priority mail and not moving anymore. This sucks! Guess if no updates this morning throw it in the freezer. Damn why did I not use Amazon!

1643110045478.png

Last edited:
Tried calling and of course cant get real person. Says have to wait until Jan 29. Guess its gonna have to go in the freezer. Well crap! Its all ready turning color and not sure that good while still in package.

Last edited:
This package never going to get here. I had a friend that is a mail girl check yesterday and she got it to move from plano to Dallas which is the wrong way and stuck there again. This 2 day delivery is now 8 days. Was at VFW and guy I know that is a butcher said it needs to come out of that package. It has moisture trapped in. I put in freezer for a while yesterday but pulled back out thinking bag will get here today. I will just take out of bag and mist it with water if bag ever gets here. This nice rib roast might be a goner when said and done. Live and learn. Stick with Amazon!!! USPS sucks!

This package never going to get here. I had a friend that is a mail girl check yesterday and she got it to move from plano to Dallas which is the wrong way and stuck there again. This 2 day delivery is now 8 days. Was at VFW and guy I know that is a butcher said it needs to come out of that package. It has moisture trapped in. I put in freezer for a while yesterday but pulled back out thinking bag will get here today. I will just take out of bag and mist it with water if bag ever gets here. This nice rib roast might be a goner when said and done. Live and learn. Stick with Amazon!!! USPS sucks!
Sometimes Amazon ships USPS. If originating on the west coast look up all the container break ins on Union Pacific rails. They literally have miles of track covered in boxes (a lot of them Amazon) from all the container smash and grabs.
1643209199995.png

1643209229336.png

At least that not mine. Mine came across country in 2 days and been in Dallas for several days now. I would drive there if I could to get it. I thought about seeing if my friend could get it to move again but she has her own job to do. She posted this the other day. I so mad at my self for not freezing it but when for pay extra 10 dollars for 2 day shipping never would of thought still waiting over a week later!

1643209906246.png

Sometimes Amazon ships USPS. If originating on the west coast look up all the container break ins on Union Pacific rails. They literally have miles of track covered in boxes (a lot of them Amazon) from all the container smash and grabs.
View attachment 523469
View attachment 523470
I had $400 in knife sanding belts end up in that pile.......to bad for the vender....they ended up UPSing them via plane....

Just got update being delivered today finally. At this point I probably should just cut into steaks and freeze but I think I will roll the dice.

Brian , hope it all works out . I never use USPS anymore when I send something . They're terrible .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky