Free wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

357mag

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Piedmont Triad of NC
My son offered me some mulberry wood from a tree he cut down on his property. I have never heard of mulberry being used for smoking meat. Is it good wood to smoke with, what are it's properties and what goes best with it?

Copied from this site...

Mulberry​

• mild
  • sweet, fruity
A delicate wood with a flavor reminiscent of the apple. It goes well with light food, although it can actually be used with all types of meat.

Mulberry wood is best used with poultry, pork, and fish. It can also be used to add a light fruity flavor to beef.

The flavor is best described as light, sweet, and fruity.

Goes best with: fish, poultry, and pork

Seems as though it's best with most meats other than beef, but can be used with that, too. Here's some more info...

Reactions: 357mag
This may be of help:

Last edited:
Reactions: 357mag
Looking forward to seeing what you do with it! If anyone wants some come visit me... think anytime a bird poops here a mulberry tree grows. And they are dang good at letting us know when the berries are ripe... any vehicles become targets lol.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky