"Frank" beats Sweet Lucy's Smokehouse

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
[quote name="Bearcarver" url="/forum/thread/106095/frank-beats-sweet-lucy-s-smokehouse#post_627825"]

Depends---We generally do ribs by time (3-2-1 or 2-2-1, etc), so if he was talking about ribs...............

Bear

[/quote]

He was talking about pretty much everything. I imagine that cooking by temp when you load some big industrial beast up with 25 butts and 25 briskets would present a challenge all in itself. I know that some on here do chicken by time, but they've also done enough chickens to know how long to go in their equipment, and chickens tend to not vary a whole lot in how they cook.

Depends---We generally do ribs by time (3-2-1 or 2-2-1, etc), so if he was talking about ribs...............

Bear

He was talking about pretty much everything. I imagine that cooking by temp when you load some big industrial beast up with 25 butts and 25 briskets would present a challenge all in itself. I know that some on here do chicken by time, but they've also done enough chickens to know how long to go in their equipment, and chickens tend to not vary a whole lot in how they cook.
Good point,

Everybody here (almost) are very safety conscious, so we go by internal temp.

That BBQ joint might go way beyond the time you need to get to the safe temp, so they feel they are OK doing it that way.

They might overcook, but that way it will be safe.

Bear

[quote name="Bearcarver" url="/forum/thread/106095/frank-beats-sweet-lucy-s-smokehouse/20#post_627852"]

Good point,

That BBQ joint might go way beyond the time you need to get to the safe temp, so they feel they are OK doing it that way.

Bear

[/quote]

There's a flip side to that as well. Something like a brisket is going to be safe to eat long before it is good to eat.

Good point,

Bear

There's a flip side to that as well. Something like a brisket is going to be safe to eat long before it is good to eat.
Absolutely---Brisket, Butts, Chuckies, etc---You got it.

Later,

Bear

Nice compliment Sqwib, take it when you get them. But keep that humble look on your face..lol...or she might turn on you.  I showed the GF a post of mine that made the banner and she says 'oh god, your heads so big already you have to turn sideways to get out of the kitchen'...LMAO at that one.

Nice compliment Sqwib, take it when you get them. But keep that humble look on your face..lol...or she might turn on you.  I showed the GF a post of mine that made the banner and she says 'oh god, your heads so big already you have to turn sideways to get out of the kitchen'...LMAO at that one.
Humble... agreed.

I sure wont get cocky or she'll expect me to take over "all the cooking".

Well I know that I did not know squat before I joined SMF but I thought that I did. Since smoking by the guidlines on here everyone that eats my food just raves about it and are always saying you should open up a place and I say no way..I have people now coming to me wanting me to smoke something for them and I do not do much of that...Thanks Guys you have made my life much better !!!!!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky