Four virus scareware

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I found that I was able to take care of problem. I opened chrome, go to settings, privacy, clear browsing history, check cookies and site data, and tap clear data at bottom. It appears to be in the cookies in the phone. I found it also only affects this site in chrome.
I did all of that as well, and it was temporary. Problem came back again and again. Also confirming, it is only on this forum board I'm experiencing this issue.

I found that I was able to take care of problem. I opened chrome, go to settings, privacy, clear browsing history, check cookies and site data, and tap clear data at bottom. It appears to be in the cookies in the phone. I found it also only affects this site in chrome.
I went into chrome app, force stopped it, cleared data, cache and cleared history and restarted several times to continue to have this message appear only when on SMF.

Had a similar issue a week or two ago. Mine was a pop up that I had won a free Amazon gift card. Locked the site down and put me in an endless loop.

This was only happening on this site only on my IPad. No issues when accessing on my phone. Did some research and installed free app. “1Blocker” on my IPad and this solved the problem for me.

Weedeater

Some of these problems may be ad-related, some are not. I appreciate all of the feedback and I will turn this in to the ad team so they can figure out which ad is possibly doing this and remove it from the mix.

We found the ad that was causing the Amazon gift card ads last week and that one has been eradicated.

Reactions: markh024
We are continuing to evolve our ad operations and improving over all ad quality so please continue to let us know if the problem above is affecting you in any way.

Here's some stuff that you can do as well to help the situation:

1. Make sure your Chrome browser is updated. Older versions might not have the most recent malware blockers.
2. Use the following removal guide for the "four virus" redirect: https://mobilesecurityzone.com/four-virus-android-removal/
3. Since this is device specific and it's hard to know what specific sites you may access with your device, you can opt for a paid premier membership or I am happy to issue a free 30 day trial premier membership on a per request basis. This would remove the ads from the equation.

I get this at the top of my Chrome browser.

This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources
I am a Lifetime Premier
Richie

I get this at the top of my Chrome browser.

This page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources
I am a Lifetime Premier
Richie

Interesting-- This has been reported. Thank you for letting me know.

Interesting-- This has been reported. Thank you for letting me know.
Jeff I only use a PC,I have a hard enough time trying to make a call with my phone LOL
Thanks Richie
site.jpg

This is great news.. let me know if you see anything else like this and I'll look into it.

I have tried just about everything I've read on the the internet to remove this stupid scareware with no avail. The last thing to do is factory reset which I do not want to do. I'm more so on a mission now to just defeat this.

Have you started your phone in safe mode then try to remove it ?
I have but unlike all the internet blogs/postings there doesn't seem to be any suspicious apps to remove. Leading me to believe something is hidden. I cleared chrome and Samsung internet multiple times in Safe Mode, just moments ago in fact. Upon revisiting SMF i got the scareware instantly. I'm stumped.

Mark,

You can also try turning on the blocker feature manually by doing the following--

Just copy the following link:

chrome://flags/#enable-framebusting-needs-sameorigin-or-usergesture

and paste it in the address bar (you can't tap on that link directly). Then tap the highlighted dropdown menu, change it to 'Enabled,' and restart the browser when asked.

This was provided by the following article
https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/02/05/chromes-blocker-redirecting-ads-wont-turned-april/

Unfortunately, If that doesn't work you most likely have a virus on your phone in a random application in which you will need to factory reset your phone if you are unable to find the app it's embedded in.

I noticed when I started this thread that all premier members didn't have my issues so I was almost positive that the culprit was an ad from this site. On 4.6.18 I became a Premier Member for ad free viewing and sure enough no threat has appeared on my phone. Also, like Tropics mentioned on a pc with chrome there was always an alert on the far right url bar that kept saying a scipt keeps wanting to write on this page or exacly how Tropics worded it. That instantly went away when my Premier membership kicked in.

My issues have seemed to been fixed, for a good week or so now. I'm not sure if it was by one of the ads leaving circulation or if I had finally removed the problem from my device (galaxy S8). Every time I was having that error I was basically clearing all internet and uninstalling chrome updates and reinstalling. I also removed some of the more recent apps I had installed on my phone so I suppose that could have been a culprit too. I'm glad because it was awfully annoying

A similar incident happens with system, at first i though all is gone and every time i click something a message popsup saying your system is heavily damaged by virus. On searching i found its a malware called four virus, thankfully these steps help me restore things hopefully it will help you guys

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky