Forgive me, Smokers, for I have sinned. (Qview added)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Shoneyboy,

That is really the hot setup!  First I ground everything with (I think) a #8 plate. Then I mixed it with my Cabala’s mixer. Step 3 was to stuff everything using a super coarse plate; it had 3 very large holes.  I ground and mixed everything by myself. I stuffed the summer sausages and half of the sticks by myself.  The stick took 4 times as long to stuff and was a real fight. My buddy stopped by to see what was taking so long and had me go up a size on the tube. The casings were harder to get on, but it sped things up tremendously.

I told the wife that I could not believe I didn’t have one of them. She just mumbled something, rolled her eyes, and left the room. 

?? 
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Arnie, I will take some better pictures of the auger and the new setup tonight and show what I just started using Sunday. It made my stuffing so much easier and faster. My son use to help me, but he made a snide comment one day, so I bought a foot peddle for the grinder and I can do it all by myself now. So now he is mad because I don' t need him anymore, sometimes he will just come over and push me out of the way and say I think you are doing it wrong and take over the foot peddle operation and feeding the machine. LOL He will not admit it, but he likes it.....

icon_cool.gif

Your vension sausage and snack sticks looks great. The last summer sausage out of venison I made was so good I'd grind up the ears, bones, and toes if I could make them tender enough. Now as far as the new smileys Thanks jeff and now can we works on the sound in CHAT.
beercheer.gif

Nice sausage and sticks, don't see too many Amerique's on this board...used to have one myself a few years back.

ROFL-MAO 
icon_lol.gif
 Meateater that pretty much sums it all up, I loved the man song. I to have the same problem with wild game, she will not touch it with a 10 foot pole. Although she has eaten it unknowingly in chili made with deer.
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif
 But I also did not tell her that it was deer, that's my secret. If I had told her after she ate it she would have said I know there was something different that I didn't like, so i keep my mouth shut and just grin while she eats the chili and goes back for more.
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif

ROFL-MAO 
icon_lol.gif
 Meateater that pretty much sums it all up, I loved the man song. I to have the same problem with wild game, she will not touch it with a 10 foot pole. Although she has eaten it unknowingly in chi 

Yeah, it usually takes a few years of marriage for that to sink in. Winning ain't everything.

li made with deer.
PDT_Armataz_01_18.gif
 But I also did not tell her that it was deer, that's my secret. If I had told her after she ate it she would have said I know there was something different that I didn't like, so i keep my mouth shut and just grin while she eats the chili and goes back for more.
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif
Yeah, it usually takes a few years of marriage for that one to sink in. Winning ain't everything.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky