Food Trucks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Went to celebration park food truck place here in Naples.

Had cousins Maine lobster this time.

Was pretty good but it was kinda rich. Lobster bisque was good too. Had to settle on a maine whoopie pie, Def not Amish made.

IMG_4603.JPG

IMG_5233.JPG

Yup i miss them. Lived down the street from the green dragon. The Amish lady sold in the back of her buggy...The best

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Oh yeah

They took Wilbur out of lititz, think its in E town or somewhere there bouts. After all the kids moved out we sold our house and had one built up in Lehighton. Sold that, moved to Savannah GA and then to florida

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
There's a restaurant down here that started as a food truck called "Bite of Maine." The woman who started it was born and raised in Maine, and meets a truck from Maine at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel on Thursday night, and opens for business Fri-Sun. A couple years back we went to Maine for a week, and her lobster rolls were better.

All the seafood down here and no mudbugs anywhere. WTH

A waitress told me that Naples people dont eat mudbugs. AKA Crawfish

• Haha
Reactions: indaswamp
Mudbugs are a coonass thing Rick!!
Story goes that the Goverment was promoting alternative protein sources during the Great Depression and started promoting the consumption of crawfish all across Louisiana. Now the coonasses that lived in the Atchafalaya Swamp, down to the coast, and east to the Barataria basin....they were already eating crawfish. Word got out, and from then on crawfish eating became a Louisiana thing. I can remember crawfish prices $0.15/# for live mudbugs, and they were $0.33/# when I graduated HS.
Funny story....bunch of us went to Panama City, Florida for spring break senior trip. We brought 12 sacks of crawfish and boiled 'em on the beach. Sold 'em for $5 per paper plate and made a killing!

Reactions: Fueling Around
Yeah i know coonass

I have relatives in Baton Rouge. I ate 10 pounds at a place on the east coast of FL, the waitress was shocked.
When we had BBQs up in PA i would have 30lbs delivered.

Yeah we do.
Going to have bugs delivered next season. I have my cooker and everything. Only thing is i will be on my own. These english dont like bugs like i do. Oh well

bug sausage and other goodies.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky