FOOD SAFETY 1/27/2021

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
fsn-logo-275x149.png
Food Safety News
Breaking news for everyone's consumption

Menu
Current Page:HomeOutbreaksRecallsDirectoryEventsAbout UsMedia KitContact Us Search

hog-swine-carcasses-550x312.jpg
Oral arguments over motion to dismiss the challenge to the swine rule are set for Feb 11
By Dan Flynn on January 27, 2021
Tom Vilsack is expected to soon be confirmed to again serve as Secretary of Agriculture, but in the meantime, some important decisions are getting made involving swine production line speeds. Earlier this week, the new…
Continue Reading Oral arguments over motion to dismiss the challenge to the swine rule are set for Feb 11
dreamstime_pet-human-food-550x312.jpg
FSA allows co-location of pet and human food production
By Joe Whitworth on January 27, 2021
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has allowed some pet food to be made in the same plant as food for human consumption.
In 2018, the FSA ran a public consultation on the subject with three…
Continue Reading FSA allows co-location of pet and human food production
recalled-sport-mix-pet-food-550x312.jpg
FDA reports more than 100 pet deaths nationwide linked to recalled pet food
By News Desk on January 27, 2021
The Food and Drug Administration has updated the number of pet deaths to 110 in connection to fatal levels of aflatoxin in Midwestern Pet Foods Inc.’s recalled dog and cat food products. In addition to …
Continue Reading FDA reports more than 100 pet deaths nationwide linked to recalled pet food

FDA USDA CDC CFIA
guardia-civil-pitanza-meat-550x300.png
Spain seizes meat and rum in two crackdowns
By News Desk on January 27, 2021
Spanish authorities have seized more than 120,000 kilos of potentially unsafe meat products.
La Guardia Civil in Spain detained 14 people and investigated another two for their part in labeling and distribution of meat products…
Continue Reading Spain seizes meat and rum in two crackdowns
GOV1200x680-550x312.jpg

My concern with pork production is that the Chinese own a major part of it and they have shown in the past that what's in our best interest doesn't necessarily align with theirs....

Reactions: olaf
My concern with pork production is that the Chinese own a major part of it and they have shown in the past that what's in our best interest doesn't necessarily align with theirs....

All sides participated for profit so there is that commonality.

That may well be true, but once ownership changed hands, the profit part is out the window. I do not knowingly buy Smithfield products.....

Which is a great thing to be able to do in a free economy. Do you support local farmers then? I would like to find a hog farmer that is close by.

Which is a great thing to be able to do in a free economy. Do you support local farmers then? I would like to find a hog farmer that is close by.
Absolutely. I have a friend that has a very, very small farming operation and I'll buy as much of my pork and chicken products from her as I can. But the few she raises are in high demand and she's a one-person farm so little chance of her expanding. I'd buy her beef, but it mostly goes to family. She says that she'd rather raise very little and do it right.

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky