Food grater

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
So, after doing my last batch of potato pancakes. I noticed that my old Presto salad shooter had cracks in the shredding cone. This grater is 25 or so years old. So I wasn't too surprised. and it was the lower model. Not the pro model. So I did some looking around. And was happy to see these were still being made.
The one I had was very handy to have. And despite it not being the flagship model. It held up well to use and abuse.
So I went and ordered this.
7168jIEIYcL._SL1500_.jpg

This is their "Pro" model. It claims to have a stronger motor. And the feed chute is larger. Large enough to hold a whole potato. My old one needed the potatoes cut in spears.
We shall see.

Good luck! Cool that it will take a whole one. My Cuisinart will fit all but the largest. That is, after I sat down and actually read the manual to learn how load them correctly. :emoji_laughing:

Pretty sure I am nuking "par boiling" before shredding on next batch.

20200206_134119.jpg
Just used it 2 nights ago . Had that thing since 1989 . For some reason I always kept it in the box .
That new one looks nice .

Nice tool to have,hopefully you get 20 plus years out of it like the last one.
Mmm waffle iron hash browns.

I have to find our waffle iron. It is still packed away some from the kitchen remodel.

I could use one, but where to put it? The spirilizer, mandolin, food processor, Ninja Foodi, quick pot, electric roaster, air fryer, et al, are taking up all cabinet space.:emoji_laughing:

Last edited:
I could use one, but where to put it? The spirilizer, mandolin, food processor, Ninja Foodi, quick pot, electric roaster, et al, are taking up all cabinet space.:emoji_laughing:

LOL. I know the pain. And I'm thinking about the spiralizer next to be truthful....

Reactions: randyrayd
Nice, looks like a good one maybe you'll get 25 years out of this one

Gary

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky