Food for thought

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Since I'm older than dirt, I can really relate to this one--it's what I grew up with. And it's soooooo true. Too bad it's not required watching.
Gary

Generation not offended.jpg

Some people would Bitch if you hung em with a new rope.

I tell anyone who will listen that it's just too easy to live in this country, if your as easily offended, and ready to complain about the slightest inconvenience, as most Americans seem to be today.

I've also told many people that day time soap opera's made it OK for Americans to treat their neighbors horribly.

WAKE UP AMURICA!!

George Carlin could've given a Master Class on life. I got his Album AM+PM or AM+FM when it first came out mid 70's. I still remember a lot of it. Saw him live in the 90's. Blazing Saddles one of my top 3 favorites. I often joke with friends, can you imagine if they made that today? It would be front page news worldwide, lol. All of these are so funny, and not meant to offend. Let's not forget the incomparable Don Rickles either. It's all to make us laugh, and we need laughter more than ever. Soap was groundbreaking and hilarious.

George Carlin could've given a Master Class on life. I got his Album AM+PM or AM+FM when it first came out mid 70's. I still remember a lot of it. Saw him live in the 90's. Blazing Saddles one of my top 3 favorites. I often joke with friends, can you imagine if they made that today? It would be front page news worldwide, lol. All of these are so funny, and not meant to offend. Let's not forget the incomparable Don Rickles either. It's all to make us laugh, and we need laughter more than ever. Soap was groundbreaking and hilarious.
I was going to mention Don Rickles. Just think if he did those roasts today?

Different time for sure.

Let’s not forget that Pryor helped rewrite the script for Blazing Saddles.
True, he's give co writing credit I thought. I wonder why Pryor didn't play the role of Sheriff? Cleavon Little was a bigger star at the time I think, for about a minute, lol.

Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky