Food Dehydrator Recommendations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

poacherjoe

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 7, 2019
Central Ca
I am looking for one that I can dry fruit and veggies on and maybe some jerky . I have read that some leave a bad taste on the food and there are so many to choose from that it gets confusing . Willing to spend 200

I can suggest to get one with the trays, so much easier to clean and you can fit a lot more in there. They also have a great temperature controller so you can set it for what you are drying.

This is one for an example:

Reactions: poacherjoe
Many good dehydrators out there. exaclibur is good but pricy.

I have an Aroma 6 tray paid like $129 works great

db3.jpg

I’ve had one like that (the analog FD75) in my cart for quite a while, but recently got a Breville Smart Oven Air that also has a ‘dehydrate’ setting ... will see how/if that works. Guessing air circulation not optimal and at least will require some rotation of trays periodically. But nice to combine uses and cut down on pantry/counter space needed ... getting tight.

Sorry Winterrider my computer must be outdated and I know my PC skills are lacking but I get nothing.Is it what Inscrutable makes mention too? Analog FD75 Nesco ? Thanks for the effort
The non-picture picture one is a Nesco Snackmaster FD79 (digital) for about $80 at Amazon .... the FD75 is pretty much the same unit (analog dial) for about $65

Reactions: poacherjoe
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky