Fondue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin jay

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
Wisconsin

1 pound swiss
1/2 pound mild cheddar
1 clove garlic
1 loaf Italian bread
3/4 cup of liebfraumilch
1 tbs butter

Melt butter and add garlic.
Stir and swirl butter all around pan. Discard garlic and add wine.
Add cheese in handfuls stirring constantly until all melted.

Put the pot over the sterno and dip away!
Hope everyone here on smf has a healthy and great new year!

Very nice Jay!

We have been wanting to do that for a long time & just never seem to get to it.

Seeing yours makes me want to get to it right now!

Al

Always a good option! We did fondue for Christmas dinner. We also did a pot of boiling broth and cooked steak in the broth. Good times!

Most awesome.

We like fondue.

Ever been to a melting pot?  Kinda expensive but good.

Thanks for the great idea Jay. 
icon14.gif

Most awesome.

We like fondue.

We used to go to the one in Portland Oregon. Not sure if it's still around. That's where we got the idea for using broth and hot oil for cooking meat too.

Very nice Jay!

We have been wanting to do that for a long time & just never seem to get to it.

Seeing yours makes me want to get to it right now!

Al

It's a tasty cheesy fun thing to do! Haven't done it in ages! Thanks Al!

Always a good option! We did fondue for Christmas dinner. We also did a pot of boiling broth and cooked steak in the broth. Good times!

Thanks case! Such a good time! Dipping the thin slices in the broth is fun too!

Last edited:
Most awesome.

We like fondue.

Thanks Rick! Yeah melting pot is awesome! This is a recipe from my dad and had this when i was 6 years old! Lol HE said us kids always got buzzed on it!

Cheese fondue would be in the top contenders for my 'last meal' choice.   Looooooove it-- and yours looks awesome!  Thanks for sharing the recipe, too! 

Bro we have been making this exact same recipe For over 30 years, and it never gets old. Your pot of Fondue looks excellent.Thumbs Up it's the best cheese fondue there is. The Liebfraumilch wine is the key.

Bro we have been making this exact same recipe For over 30 years, and it never gets old. Your pot of Fondue looks excellent.Thumbs Up it's the best cheese fondue there is. The Liebfraumilch wine is the key.

Thanks bro! Yeah gotta have the liebfraumilch! Tried other wines in the past and nothing compares!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky