Floored, Stunned, and Blessed by The Gracious Generosity Here at SMF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Thursday night I drag my tired carcass home from work thinking only of a snack, a hot shower and bed.
I check the mail and find something that had me mighty curious, a large priority mail envelope from a familiar name on these forums.
"What could this be?" I thought to myself and opened it to find a Christmas card.

What it said,

"John,
we know it's been a tough year so some of your SMF friends wanted to send you a gift.
We hope you do something great with it.

Merry Christmas,
(name redacted)"

There was money in it.
I picked up the bills and noticed something under the bills.
There was a money order under them, and for a very significant sum.
I was floored, stunned even and felt the blessings bestowed by others and the Lord upon my family and I.

I can say this,
"Thank you to everyone who had a part in this!"
And, "I plan to pay it forward to others who can use a helping hand."
Thank you so much to all those who who thought of me and mine, to those who think of others and share their blessings.
People who not only talk the talk, but walk the walk and do as the Lord has asked of us.

I'm tearing up... Again, Thank you.
Blessings come around and go around, and I know it's true from personal experience.

We had a mechanically sound Volvo wagon with almost 180K miles, over a decade old, interior well worn with the wear and tear of three kids.
We were buying a new to us, lightly used car, and the Volvo had a low trade in value.
There was a family in our church who was experiencing hard times and they were without a car.
Rather than trade it in we gave it to them, it made a huge difference in their lives.
That was four years ago and that wagon is still running that family around town.

Last edited:
Wow...what a story and it could not have come at a better time of year. As has been stated, this proves that there are still some good people in this world who are concerned with more than just themselves. Merry Christmas to you and yours John. This is a fantastic group of people and I'm proud to be a small part of such a great community.

Robert

I pretty much go it alone on Holidays
Brian, this comes from the heart my friend. Please feel free to come down and join us for Christmas dinner. We have one couple who will be here so a small group. I'll be slow smoking a prime rib and doing all the trimmings of course. You'll have a room for an overnight stay if you want and a pretty nice environment to hang out. Gretchen is welcome of course. We even have indoor plumbing :emoji_laughing: Think about it....

Roibert

See John.. Your generosity of giving the Volvo to a needy family was just rewarded... Things like that don't go unnoticed... As others have said... SMF is all of ours extended family and we are there for each other when its needed... God Bless the givers and hope you and your family, along with our extended family(s) have the merriest and safest of Holidays...

God Bless

Brian, this comes from the heart my friend. Please feel free to come down and join us for Christmas dinner. We have one couple who will be here so a small group. I'll be slow smoking a prime rib and doing all the trimmings of course. You'll have a room for an overnight stay if you want and a pretty nice environment to hang out. Gretchen is welcome of course. We even have indoor plumbing :emoji_laughing: Think about it....

Roibert
Thanks Robert. You have a big heart. I also have other invites but I really don't mind just Gretchen and I. I don't have to worry about driving and watch a good movie. I been a loner most my life and just kind of use to it I guess.

Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky