Flies are everywhere...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Has anyone noticed more flies hanging around their smokers/grills? I'm not sure if it's the horses at the end of my road, the chickens two houses down from me, or my smokers and grill. It just seems there are more flies then ever. Maybe the dry weather we've had. 

-chris

I have noticed more flies this year.

We have chickens, pigs and numerous other creatures here.

There is always flies and skeeters here though.

There has been more flies and less skeeters this year.

The barn and animals are where they've always been,

and so I attribute it to being so dry this year.

Soon they won't be a problem, it's getting cooler already.

Ed

Same here, not so much over the past few weeks but earlier in the summer the flies were really bad.

The horses seem to bring in flies that have a bite that feels like a gunshot. I got a couple good bites on my back while out on the tractor this year.

For some reason whenever I have a smoker running flies just show up.

You would think the smoke would drive them away.

Al

We didn't have flies this year, but the skeeters were worse than ever. Used to never see one in town. To much water from all the landscaping now.

No flies this year but been battling ants all summer, no problems with skeeters until the last few weeks, hate those daybiters!

I'm still getting them. Only there a little slower with the cold weather. Some mornings I let the dog out and my smoker has what seems to be a hundred of them on the cover. I hung a piece of fly paper(you know the sticky yellow kind) in the garage and it was basically full the next morning. Maybe I'll have to invest in one of those ZAP light thingy's. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky