• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Flat top section?

SmokingUPnorth

Smoking UPNorth
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 7, 2017
I could have sworn there was a section for flat top cooks but can’t find it. Am I missing it or just nuts?

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Not yet. We have SV and Kamado, but not Flat Top/Griddle cooking...JJ

bigfurmn

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 25, 2016
Wife just got me one a few months ago. I'd love to see a section on it!

SmokingUPnorth

Smoking UPNorth
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 7, 2017
Thanks for the info guys. I just got my Camp Chef FTG and was just looking for a little reading. I always see some killer flat top posts.

bigfurmn

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 25, 2016
On the other side I can see why not much flat top talk... Kinda hard to smoke on a flat top.

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
So many of us have griddles it would be cool. I’d suggest putting it in the cast iron cooking section. Maybe replace the discada forum as it is nit very active at all.

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
On the other side I can see why not much flat top talk... Kinda hard to smoke on a flat top.
Crank the Griddle up to fill flame on 4 burners and hit it with low temp oil , it will smoke lol

bill1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 25, 2015
Yeah, flattop. I like that word better than griddle.
Meaningless aside...
Had a flattop haircut for decades but Covid forced me into DIY barbering and it was just too hard to do.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Thanks hope to add some cooks when mine arrives...JJ

bill1

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 25, 2015
Just a heads up...if you're searching for the new flattop section from the Home Page, it is filed under the general category of Cast Iron Cooking, not under Smoking Supplies/Equipment.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Thanks hope to add some cooks when mine arrives...JJ
Jimmy check this one out the son in law bought a 36" Blackstone that's been used like 3 times with the metal cover on it for 100 bucks. I never run into those kind of deals the guy is moving out of state and didn't want to pack and haul it.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
I don't find those kind of deals either...JJ

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Jimmy check this one out the son in law bought a 36" Blackstone that's been used like 3 times with the metal cover on it for 100 bucks. I never run into those kind of deals the guy is moving out of state and didn't want to pack and haul it.
You and me both. Last week I saw a Lang 48 in beautiful shape posted for $800! Guy wanted to give someone a deal lol. If it hadn’t been 800 miles away.....

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.