Flank Steak Fajitas on Open Fire

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

edmonds

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 6, 2020
Huntsville, AL
Sweet peppers, poblanos, onion, jalapeño, and marinaded flank steak.
Cooked over open fire with red oak and mesquite.
Homemade corn tortillas also grilled over fire.
Served with guacamole and garden fresh salsa.
Mighty fine.

P1050946.jpeg

P1050953.jpeg

P1050957.jpeg

P1050960.jpeg

P1050948.jpeg

P1050963.jpeg

P1050968.jpeg

P1050966 (1).jpeg

P1050972.jpeg

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• P1050948.jpeg
    P1050948.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 5
  • P1050966.jpeg
    P1050966.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 7
Just fantastic Edmonds! My heart longs for the future day when I can fire up the X-Fire and cook over the fire like this again…….until I will have live by proxy on your pics as well as Chris_in_SoCal Chris_in_SoCal !

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
That's awesome . Love your live fire cooking . That's a nice thick flank . Home grown ?

Holy Mary mother of God!! That is one spectacular looking meal. Absolute perfection across the board. As others have noted, the open fire cooking is just breathtaking. Sadly though, it's off limits for me with the state of the climate in this area.
You are a food artist, edmonds edmonds ! Looks perfect and I am drooling. Bravo!
Couldn't agree more. Very nice to see your smiling face again though. We got kinda used to having you around but have not seen anything from you for a couple days....but I know how that can go. Happens to me on a regular basis unfortunately. Maybe some time around December it'll cool down enough to do some outdoor cooking :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Beautiful meal and great presentation. That is one of my favorite meals. Simple, fresh, amazing flavors.

Just fantastic Edmonds! My heart longs for the future day when I can fire up the X-Fire and cook over the fire like this again…….until I will have live by proxy on your pics as well as Chris_in_SoCal Chris_in_SoCal !

Loooooove this cook! Nice job.

Looks great, love the open fire cooking,
some day I will give this a try.
David

Nailed It! A thing of beauty.

You are a food artist, edmonds edmonds ! Looks perfect and I am drooling. Bravo!

Great looking!

Oh man! Thats a mouthwatering plate right there.
jim

That's awesome . Love your live fire cooking . That's a nice thick flank . Home grown ?

Holy Mary mother of God!! That is one spectacular looking meal. Absolute perfection across the board. As others have noted, the open fire cooking is just breathtaking. Sadly though, it's off limits for me with the state of the climate in this area.

Couldn't agree more. Very nice to see your smiling face again though. We got kinda used to having you around but have not seen anything from you for a couple days....but I know how that can go. Happens to me on a regular basis unfortunately. Maybe some time around December it'll cool down enough to do some outdoor cooking :emoji_laughing:
Robert

Beautiful meal and great presentation. That is one of my favorite meals. Simple, fresh, amazing flavors.

Thanks everyone. It was mighty good eats.
We had a cold front come thru, high of 85, and a burn warning but not a ban.
I feel pretty comfortable using the wood fired grill, as long as the winds are not too strong.

We got kinda used to having you around but have not seen anything from you for a couple days....:emoji_laughing:

Robert
It is too fricken hot to do much of anything. Also, I never thought I would be in Texas, praying for a hurricane to come up through the Gulf so we can get some rain. I've been working on a Bermuda grass lawn for 4-years and this was the first year it was looking like Agusta National - now we are on a water restriction and the lawn has gone dormant.

Texas...

Reactions: Texas Cookin'
I'm a big fan of flanks from way back and yours look really good

Point for sure
Chris

Damn that looks good!! Flank steak is a favorite of mine!! What my Dad cooked all the time when I was a kid cause it was cheap. I paid attention and is why I love cooking till this day! Beautiful pics and an Awesome Cook!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky