Fixing digital display on electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TravT

Original poster
Aug 4, 2022
Hey everyone. I’m trying to fit a Masterbuilt digital display on to my Cajun injector electric smoker(similar to the mes30 Masterbuilt. Difference is mine has a 7 pin plug for the display and the Masterbuilt display I bought is a 5 pin and seperate 2 pin for the meat probe. I think I have most wires figured out(“I think”) but I keep getting error code EAA1 on the display and beeping. Cleaned the temp probe and made sure all connections are good. Advice? tallbm tallbm

Can't help ya Trav, but I will say welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us.

EAA1 error code is for "Your smoker is too cold". One fix listed was to try to heat up the temp probe before plugging in your smoker.( blow dryer on the probe) It may then turn on and heat up before the probe could cool off. Weird you would be getting this code during the summer?? But it's something a guy could try?

Another cause listed is that the temp probe itself could be bad. Maybe when you were cleaning the probe something happened to it? Know it's unlikely to happen, but you never know. They talk about loose wiring also but you stated that you checked the wires for good connections. Hopefully others will have ideas to try for you too.

Another cause listed is that the temp probe itself could be bad. Maybe when you were cleaning the probe something happened to it? Know it's unlikely to happen, but you never know. They talk about loose wiring also but you stated that you checked the wires for good connections. Hopefully others will have ideas to try for you too.
Hey thanks for the reply, I have had the back off fully and plate to power board opened to inspect. Connections look fine I’ve un did and reconnected some. It didn’t work before even cleaning the probe. Seems hard to get the right probe for this or else it’s quite costly to get it here to Ontario. I tried the hair dryer trick and no luck as well. I don’t know if I wired it wrong or not but I’ve tried it several ways still get error code.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky