Five foods that can trigger a stroke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We have had this topic come up several times in the past and a member of the site that happened to also be a DR. responded pretty much the same,as long as it's not a every meal every day thing and you also eat somewhat healthy in other ways theres nothing to worry. Kinda like the country song ( theres alot more people out there eating smoked foods than there are Dr's) and as Dan said the person behind the artical ain't to creditable.

Well, according to the Mayans and Naysayers,We have a little over a year to finish eating what We want anyhow
icon_eek.gif
,I'm gonna have my pit fired -up.Going out SMOKIN'
biggrin.gif

Isn't it strange how we pick our poison.

Smoked meat is OK in moderation and i only eat it on the days with that have day in the name MonDAY, TuesDAY etc etc.

But if you eat undercooked or raw watch out. The sky is fallen and you are going to die.

I do love the study of the Human Animal and his thinking.

Love the smoked meat

drool.gif

Karl

News Flash .........Nitrites and Nitrates are good for your heart! Film at eleven.

Eating nitrite/nitrate-rich foods such as vegetables and cured meats may help improve the chances of surviving a heart attack and of recovering more quickly.

That's the finding of a preliminary study in the Nov. 12 online edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

The whole article is here

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Healthday/story?id=4509390&page=1

Thought it might be good to keep this thread alive so we can dispell some of the bad voodoo that goes along with cured and smoked meats.

Last edited:
I'm so happy I'm so happy. Yea i know leave the singing to them that git paid fer it.

I just had to quote a sect of the article

While some studies have linked nitrites/nitrates with cancer, Bryan said many of those study findings were based on weak epidemiological data.

Isn't life grand

Happy Guilt free smokin.

Karl

Nope, ends Dec 21 they say. My wifes birthday. I probably won't get her anything just in case it's true. I can save a few bucks.

( That there is not a good idea Dan)----

We don't need to worry about 2012. I gotta find my hard hat to protect me from the sattilite that is going to crash back into earth in firey pieces tomorrow.

Welp, I might just lose some sleep after reading that ridiculous article. Not that I'm worried, but I'm ticked that I wasted about 3 minutes reading it! Hahahaha I hope it wasn't our tax dollars funding her "research."

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky