Five foods that can trigger a stroke

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by sunman76, Sep 21, 2011.

1. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Yea balance ok what am I balancing???? Pork Beef Pork Beef !! OK I can handle that....Thanks !

2. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

We have had this topic come up several times in the past and a member of the site that happened to also be a DR. responded pretty much the same,as long as it's not a every meal every day thing and you also eat somewhat healthy in other ways theres nothing to worry. Kinda like the country song ( theres alot more people out there eating smoked foods than there are Dr's) and as Dan said the person behind the artical ain't to creditable.

3. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Well, according to the Mayans and Naysayers,We have a little over a year to finish eating what We want anyhow[​IMG],I'm gonna have my pit fired -up.Going out SMOKIN'[​IMG].

4. raymo76

raymo76 Smoking Fanatic

experts.... [​IMG]

5. Isn't it strange how we pick our poison.

Smoked meat is OK in moderation and i only eat it on the days with that have day in the name MonDAY, TuesDAY etc etc.

But if you eat undercooked or raw watch out. The sky is fallen and you are going to die.

I do love the study of the Human Animal and his thinking.

Love the smoked meat

[​IMG]

Karl

6. danmcg

danmcg Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

News Flash .........Nitrites and Nitrates are good for your heart! Film at eleven.

Eating nitrite/nitrate-rich foods such as vegetables and cured meats may help improve the chances of surviving a heart attack and of recovering more quickly.

That's the finding of a preliminary study in the Nov. 12 online edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

The whole article is here

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Healthday/story?id=4509390&page=1

Thought it might be good to keep this thread alive so we can dispell some of the bad voodoo that goes along with cured and smoked meats.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  7. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

Yea and the crowd rejoiced.[​IMG]

8. I'm so happy I'm so happy. Yea i know leave the singing to them that git paid fer it.

I just had to quote a sect of the article

While some studies have linked nitrites/nitrates with cancer, Bryan said many of those study findings were based on weak epidemiological data.

Isn't life grand

Happy Guilt free smokin.

Karl

9. I heard it was going to end on Oct 21st. My birthday.

I guess i will be using to many candles.

Yuk Yuk

Iether way i will be SSSSMMMMOOOOOKin

Karl

10. danmcg

Nope, ends Dec 21 they say. My wifes birthday. I probably won't get her anything just in case it's true. I can save a few bucks.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  11. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nope, ends Dec 21 they say. My wifes birthday. I probably won't get her anything just in case it's true. I can save a few bucks.

( That there is not a good idea Dan)----

12. Hey Dan your world will end if you don't.

13. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

We don't need to worry about 2012. I gotta find my hard hat to protect me from the sattilite that is going to crash back into earth in firey pieces tomorrow.

14. michael ark

michael ark Master of the Pit

The media only print and records fear.Their favorite is the only place we can cut the buget is police and firemen and healthcare.

15. danmcg

[​IMG]   no kidding!

16. Welp, I might just lose some sleep after reading that ridiculous article. Not that I'm worried, but I'm ticked that I wasted about 3 minutes reading it! Hahahaha I hope it wasn't our tax dollars funding her "research."

17. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

MODERATION!

18. I have to do something as a hobby.  If I give this up I may as well be dead anyway!

19. alaskanbear

alaskanbear Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I am gonna die a smokey death from a stroke, but one happy well fed SOB.

Rich

20. billyj571

billyj571 Smoking Fanatic

Tell me it ain't true Hell what a way to go.........