First winter smoke in the mini - Scarbelly wings and bacon wrapped chicken tenders

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

suie

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Ithaca, NY
I was a little nervous attempting this for the first time on the holiday. I'd heard the mini does well in winter, but this was my first try. I broke out the larger fan for the BBQ Guru, and it held temp like a champ.

Occasionally got some TWS rather than TBS, but the chicken didn't seem to suffer for it. Smoke was pecan and peach, and I ran the mini at 300 for an hour.

The chicken tenders were dusted with Jeff's rub, and wrapped with bacon. 

The scarbelly wings are just so, so good, I could eat a whole plate of just those.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great holiday! I'm looking forward to seeing all the great holiday smokes!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky