First Welding Project Ever: Table Top Santa Maria Grill (Pretty Cool, W/ Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's absolutely awesome Robert. I see no flaws. I've never tried my hand at welding. Good for you for nailing it on the first try

Robert that is awesome! That is perfect for almost 90% of cooks even at home! I am going to have to do some copy cat of that for camping!

Looks like it came out great, Certainly better than my first attempts at welding years ago.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you're running flux core wire. If the welder you have has the option of running solid wire with shielding gas, do it. Solid wire with gas gives much neater welds. You don't get the spatter you get with flux core, and really no slag to clean up.

welder.jpg

Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky