• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First Turkey a Success - THANKS!!

jimpam

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 14, 2010
Just wanted to thank everyone for the tips, advice etc.   I smoked my first whole bird, 12.4 lbs, brined with Tips, smoked with Cherry and Hickory, pulled at 168 degrees and it was FANTASTIC.  Also smoked a brisket and a butt.   Happy Thanksgiving!

raptor700

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 20, 2010
No thanks needed Jimpam, That's what this site is for! Helping smokers with there addiction is what these guys/gals do. Happy smokin' and remember; post any questions you have and bring on the Qview!

sumosmoke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 29, 2007
Sounds like ya had a really nice smoke, and I'm sure the eats will be gobbled up quickly! Hope to see some pics of your q, next time

grillin_all_day

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2008
No thanks needed Jimpam, That's what this site is for! Helping smokers with there addiction is what these guys/gals do.

I think that technically makes us "enablers" than, lol.

Good lookin smoke, look forward to seeing more.

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
yep this site cuts the learning curve down to a flat line.  Congrats on a good smoke

tom37

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 24, 2009
Congrates on a fine looking bird.

Nice Work

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Congrats on the first bird. It looks great. 

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.