First try at Jamaican Jerk chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I didn't rig up my thermometer or anything, just kept it simple. I dumped a full chimney of coals on one side of the Weber. I rubbed these up with Walkerswood Jerk seasoning last night and let them sit in the fridge overnight in a ziplock bag. I did these wings and drums along with a separate batch of thighs. I have a Thermapen and made sure the IT was around 160 when I moved them over the high heat to crisp them up. It took about 45 minutes over indirect heat to get up to temp. I ended up removing the skin from the thighs as I usually don't eat it anyway. Still came out good. If anyone is on the fence about getting the Walkerswood, I would say just get some and try it out. It isn't widely available and the shipping costs as much as the product but it's really good. Not to mention it's actually made in Jamaica with the proper ingredients. I love it.

People that don't use the kettles don't know what they're missing.... Looks super tasty!
drool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky