First timer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bourbon Man

Original poster
Jun 19, 2021
Hi all,
Love all the support I've seen in the forum and decided to join. New to smoking and doing my first butt tomorrow. Decided to brine my butt for 24 hours and will be smoking on a Pitboss pellet smoker (I know I'm cheating, don't hate me). I will post some before and afters tomorrow and hope you all will give me some candid feedback. Wish me luck and happy Father's Day!

Welcome! If you plan to eat it for dinner tomorrow my advice is to start early and don’t rush it. Let it get to 203-205 IT before you pull it from the heat, and allow time to rest.

Welcome B Man, glad you joined us and good luck with that butt.

Welcome from Mississippi. No worry about "cheating", you'll see folks using all modes of smoker on here. Generally the actually cooking is the same, just your method of getting there is different. Look forward to pics of your cooks and post from you.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky