First time.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rockdog

Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
Hey all. I got a meat grinder and sausage funnel for Christmas. I can't wait to try my hand at making some sausage. was just wondering if there is a simple recipe to get my feet wet with.

Start with a fresh, uncured patty sausage like a breakfast sausage. Search pops breakfast sausage on here. I also add maple syrup to it when I make it.
yeahthat.gif

Regardless of what recipe you try first, keep one thing in mind; the sausage isn't complete and ready to eat until you say it is!

Once you've ground, seasoned, and mixed the sausage you need to sample it.  Take about 4 tbs of the sausage mixture, roll it into a ball, press it flat into a small patty, and then gently fry it, or microwave it until it's done.  WAIT until it's cool enough to eat and see if the seasonings are where you want them.

If the patty test shows that you need more seasoning, add in small quantities and KEEP TRACK of your additions so you can update your recipe when complete.

If the patty test shows that you have too much seasoning, you now have the opportunity to add more meat to the mix to "dilute" the seasonings a bit..

Welcome to the madness!  You'll be dreaming of new and improved sausages VERY soon!

Charlie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky