• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First time using the minion method

mattyoc20

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 11, 2013
Got a 10 lbs pork butt in the WSM 18.5 at 4 am this morning.  I am using the minion method for the first time thinking it would help me with coal/heat management.  I filled the ring to the top hoping that it would last the length of the smoke 10-15 hours.  I am going on 6 hours and the coals are all but dead.  I just lit another full chimney to add more coals  Am i missing something to doing something wrong.  I am keeping the temps between 225-240.  Thanks for the help

badmoont2

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 11, 2012
Cold weather and windy conditions can up coal consumption dramatically. One thing you can do is put less water in the pan or use a clay flower pot saucer in place of the water. It takes a lot of Btu's to boil all that water

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.