first time smoking pork loin.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Survey say's smoke till 160* and rest it for a few hours and enjoy. Take a few pics and share with us.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Are you gonna wrap this gift? like in a bacon veave? I agree with the 160 as a minimum, 165-170 will get a little more of the pink out. Are ya gonna stuff it?

The pork is on . running about 245-255 temp. looking great already.made  my own rub just trying a new mixture.will see what happens.will post some pic later.

icon_cool.gif

Yea I would like to see how yours comes out too. Now I like some pink in my pork so I take mine to maybe 155° most of the time alittle under that and then wrap it in some foil and into the cooler for alittle carry over cooking.

you said you put in a cooler . can you use the refrigerator instead.

No No you put it in the cooler to keep it warm and rest it so the juices will distribute throughout the meat. You wrap the meat in several layers of foil (so it doesn't leak) then put it in the cooler with towels. The cooler and towels are insulation so the meat will stay warm for hours.

One thing I have done and liked with pork loin roasts is to lace them with slivers of garlic.  Take a knife point and cut a slit, then shove the garlic down into the meat.  Depending on how much you like the combination, do a few or a lot of slits.

now i understand the cooler trick . like i said i'm a beginner. will post some pics.

I did not tell everyone how it tasted . came out pretty good was nice and tender. the only thing i can say i was not happy with was the i think i used too much wood it was alittle too smoke flavor. all in all a good first time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky