• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

first time smoking pork loin.

billy48

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 6, 2010
will be smoking a pork loin tommorow. any hints on smoke time and temp would be great.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Survey say's smoke till 160* and rest it for a few hours and enjoy. Take a few pics and share with us.

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 16, 2009
Are you gonna wrap this gift? like in a bacon veave? I agree with the 160 as a minimum, 165-170 will get a little more of the pink out. Are ya gonna stuff it?

billy48

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 6, 2010
The pork is on . running about 245-255 temp. looking great already.made  my own rub just trying a new mixture.will see what happens.will post some pic later.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Yea I would like to see how yours comes out too. Now I like some pink in my pork so I take mine to maybe 155° most of the time alittle under that and then wrap it in some foil and into the cooler for alittle carry over cooking.

billy48

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 6, 2010
you said you put in a cooler . can you use the refrigerator instead.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
you said you put in a cooler . can you use the refrigerator instead.

No No you put it in the cooler to keep it warm and rest it so the juices will distribute throughout the meat. You wrap the meat in several layers of foil (so it doesn't leak) then put it in the cooler with towels. The cooler and towels are insulation so the meat will stay warm for hours.

dale5351

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 20, 2010
One thing I have done and liked with pork loin roasts is to lace them with slivers of garlic.  Take a knife point and cut a slit, then shove the garlic down into the meat.  Depending on how much you like the combination, do a few or a lot of slits.

walle

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 21, 2009
Billy - sounds GREAT!PICTURES, BROTHER, PICTURES!!!

billy48

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 6, 2010
now i understand the cooler trick . like i said i'm a beginner. will post some pics.

billy48

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 6, 2010
I did not tell everyone how it tasted . came out pretty good was nice and tender. the only thing i can say i was not happy with was the i think i used too much wood it was alittle too smoke flavor. all in all a good first time.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.