first time smoking lamb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coondog1980

Original poster
Jun 6, 2011
MD
I ended up getting an awesome deal on some lamb shoulder chops at safeway. Also got an awesome deal on some pre-made caribbean jerk seasoning. So I stopped at the local hardware store and picked up a bag of alder wood chips and headed home. I dry rubbed the chops with seasoning, wrapped in plastic wrap and let sit for 5 hours in fridge. Got the smoker up to 215 and smoked the chops for about an hour(medium-medium well) and here is what I got...
2abe688c_IMG_0224.jpg

They were juicy and tender and absolutely delicious!!! The jerk seasoning had a great flavor and a good amount of spice to compliment the slightly "gamey" flavor of the lamb.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky