First time smoking cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm envious. I made the mistake of not smoking enough cheese last winter, and I have to wait several months to make some more. Too dang hot here in TN. Good looking stuff Omnivore!

Looks good!
We have run out of smoked cheese and the earliest that I can smoke cheese is late November. Craving it!

Smoke ON!

- Jason

I just wanted to report back and say that after a couple weeks in the fridge the cheese is awesome! I'm pretty relieved since it pretty much tasted like smoke flavored garbage when I was vac packing it initially. Unfortunately the cheese that didn't turn out well was the burrata. I tried it after a couple days (it doesn't have a long shelf life once opened), and it was just way to smoky which totally detracted from the fresh milk flavors. Not all things are meant to be smoked lol

Thanks for the update. I've done mozzarella before and liked it. I was hoping the burrata would hold up to the smoke. ****sigh****

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky