• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First time posting, long time lurking non-member

indysmokey

Joined Aug 26, 2016
Hello y'all. I figured it was time to finally join the board after reading posts for years. I live in Mooresville, IN, a small town just outside Indianapolis. I smoke with a Perfect Flame Tower LP smoker and use a Maverick ET-733 probe system to monitor temperatures. 

I have been smoking meet for 10+ years with a lot of success; brisket, pulled pork, pork ribs, turkey, chicken and jerky. I am preparing to smoke a 16# pork shoulder for a family picnic over Labor Day weekend and trolled the site looking for hints on preparing the meat the day before. I will be using a finishing sauce for the first time. I had not heard of a finishing sauce until I stumbled across a thread this morning. Sounds like the ideal way to go. 

Anyway, I appreciate all of the knowledge I have gained from this site and hope to one day share a little knowledge.

Lee

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Hi Lee!

to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Al

gearjammer

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 6, 2015
Hello and welcome to you, Lee.

Looking forward to seeing some of your smokes.

Have fun.

Ed

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.