First Time For Carolina Reapers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
Coming to a end for our gardening season here in Northern Ontario but I have to say my first attempt at these Carolina Reapers has been great. Grew this plant in a 5 gal. bucket. Going to move indoors soon. Getting a lot of harvest from this one plant and hope to keep it going indoors till next year.

This one puppy is the size of a golf ball. :emoji_sunglasses:

1y9t3yY.jpg

Last edited:
LOL
Well I have some friends who think they can eat them.............we will see.

Most likely smoke and dry them like I did to some other ones a few years ago. I grind them up and use the powder in different meals.

W60hh6p.jpg

ZofRyKZ.jpg

N5d6c7M.jpg

Reactions: Will Squared
I wish I had the room to bring inside. I did it wirh a smaller ghost pepper plant two years in a row but it had a whire fly infestation I belive and the flies layed eggs/hatched on the germinating choc habs in March I had to keep rinsing off. Not sure how to control that for overwintering.

LOL
Well I have some friends who think they can eat them.............we will see.

Most likely smoke and dry them like I did to some other ones a few years ago. I grind them up and use the powder in different meals.

W60hh6p.jpg

ZofRyKZ.jpg

N5d6c7M.jpg
I bring 30 fresh peppers to a bar on the weekends for whomever ever wants them and dehydrate the rest. A person I've never seen before picked up a CR and bit it in half below the seeds and didn't flinch at all and said it has a great flavor. Everytime he exhaled you could smell that strong capsaicin. They are super hot but he likes it. That would wreck my day.
20190909_101019.jpg 20190825_192359.jpg

Reactions: KBFlyer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky