• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First Time For Carolina Reapers

Devo1

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 7, 2018
Coming to a end for our gardening season here in Northern Ontario but I have to say my first attempt at these Carolina Reapers has been great. Grew this plant in a 5 gal. bucket. Going to move indoors soon. Getting a lot of harvest from this one plant and hope to keep it going indoors till next year.

This one puppy is the size of a golf ball. :emoji_sunglasses:

Last edited:

pushok2018

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 12, 2017
Beautiful CR picture! I LIKE it. Wondering what are you going to do with them?

Devo1

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 7, 2018
LOL
Well I have some friends who think they can eat them.............we will see.

Most likely smoke and dry them like I did to some other ones a few years ago. I grind them up and use the powder in different meals.

dr k

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 22, 2013
I wish I had the room to bring inside. I did it wirh a smaller ghost pepper plant two years in a row but it had a whire fly infestation I belive and the flies layed eggs/hatched on the germinating choc habs in March I had to keep rinsing off. Not sure how to control that for overwintering.

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Nice looking plant and peppers.

Warren

dr k

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 22, 2013
LOL
Well I have some friends who think they can eat them.............we will see.

Most likely smoke and dry them like I did to some other ones a few years ago. I grind them up and use the powder in different meals.

I bring 30 fresh peppers to a bar on the weekends for whomever ever wants them and dehydrate the rest. A person I've never seen before picked up a CR and bit it in half below the seeds and didn't flinch at all and said it has a great flavor. Everytime he exhaled you could smell that strong capsaicin. They are super hot but he likes it. That would wreck my day.
20190909_101019.jpg 20190825_192359.jpg

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.