• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First time cure in my chamber

KevinsMeats

Joined Jul 12, 2020
I am curing Fennel Salami and wondering the best way to prevent bad mold growth and case hardening? My chamber is in the basement and runs about 51 to 55 F. and Humidity at about 65 to 80%. I have a humidifier in there as well as a fan and gauges in the chamber as well, Just want my first attempt to be successful. Any advice is appreciated.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Temp is fine humidity at 80% is high. I try not to go over 75%. Did you use mold 600?

KevinsMeats

Joined Jul 12, 2020
I am curing Fennel Salami and wondering the best way to prevent bad mold growth and case hardening? My chamber is in the basement and runs about 51 to 55 F. and Humidity at about 65 to 80%. I have a humidifier in there as well as a fan and gauges in the chamber as well, Just want my first attempt to be successful. Any advice is appreciated.
Yes i do use mold 600. Should i still bring my Humidity down?

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
I would try to keep it at 75%

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 1, 2016
Welcome to SMF. Looks like one of the great admin team has you covered.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.