First time caller long time listener

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbriggs

Original poster
Apr 7, 2014
East Peoria Ill.
Hello all and thank you for all the great advice and will be a master within a year (or maybe a few more?)

This my first post and really serves no purpose but getting familiar with the how's of posting...

Any way could I get a reply to see that I have followed the steps correctly..

Thanks again and
SMOKE ON SMOKERS

Hello and welcome from East Texas, working fine !!   Just play around with all the icons   hover over them and a pop up will tell you what they do

Glad you joined up.

Gary S

So if I told you all that I currently use the BIG EASY electric smoker would I be kicked off the site? LOL

now I have to come up with a good screen name.
unsure.gif

Not even, we have smokers of all types on here..... Electric, stick burners, charcoal etc...... Use what works for YOU ! This site is a super good support system ! :beercheer:

So if I told you all that I currently use the BIG EASY electric smoker would I be kicked off the site? LOL

now I have to come up with a good screen name.
unsure.gif

You talking about the pic next to your name ? Ya wanna change that ?

Smoked several times and have great results only needing to add a thermometer to allow better control of heat, that is the only fall back I can see with unit. Hard to know what heat setting to use

If it holds temps steady, I'd try a Maverick ET-732 dual probe therm. One probe for the meat & one for temp of smoker.... Unless your saying the temp doesn't hold steady with the controller on the smoker itself ! Not familiar with your smoker but a lot of folks will try to control the smoker temp with the built in therm on the unit & these stock therms are not accurate to track smoker temp !

Your name is Tbriggs, if ya want that changed ya have to p.m. Admin. I changed mine when I first got on here, if ya need help I'll look up who it was that changed mine & get ya the info.

Need to determine if its holding heat and think the only way is adding a gauge on the lid? Have seen the wireless ones and maybe that would be a better choice? It does have an internal meat therm. but cant determine if that's very accurate either? Changed pic and most likely be keeping name. Thanks for the advice and cant wait to spend more time on this forum seems to be very welcoming and informative.

Need to determine if its holding heat and think the only way is adding a gauge on the lid? Have seen the wireless ones and maybe that would be a better choice? It does have an internal meat therm. but cant determine if that's very accurate either? Changed pic and most likely be keeping name. Thanks for the advice and cant wait to spend more time on this forum seems to be very welcoming and informative.

IMHO, I would not worry about the temp gauge on the lid & spring for the dual probe therm ! If somethin happened to my Mav today, I'd be ordering another today !

How did you become a premiere?

Premier membership is somethin a lot of us has done here, it's paying for a membership to the site but is not somethin ya have to do ! If interested I can get the info to ya or start a thread on it..... Just helps the site run & is really cheap compared to all the info ya learn on here ! Added benefits are ya can put a caption under your premier icon, can turn off the adds & some others !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky