First time brisket!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kcsmokefan83

Original poster
Aug 24, 2017
Long Island, NY
First time smoking a brisket on my WSM 18”. Got it for $4.49 per lb at a butcher a smoker friend recommended. Trimmed it up a bit and then just rubbed with some salt and pepper. I let it come to room temp a bit before putting on the WSM with some oak at about 11pm. Woke up during the night to check it twice but I really didn’t need to. The WSM kept just under 250 all night! Checked it this morning to put some more fuel on, since I added a rack of pork ribs, to get it through the rest of the cook. Here’s some initial pics. I’m open to any suggestions.

Smoked meats and game day! Life is pretty good!

Looks real good so far. Lets hope the Giants can turn this season around before it's to late. 

Chris.

Reactions: kcsmokefan83
Thanks everyone! The taste was amazing, except I think I'd trim a bit more fat off next time.  Also, I want to try mesquite since I've read in other posts that mesquite smoked brisket is amazing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky