First successful brisket.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarps23

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 2, 2013
Iowa
Didn't take much for pictures. Saw some brisket and pork shoulders at Costco. Around 20 degrees today. Haven't smoked anything for awhile. Smoked for about 3 hours and finished in oven. Too cold out. Plus I had deer coming up about 5 yards from smoker. They let it be.

Tried briskets before and usually ended up drying them out a little too much. I wrapped in tin foil and added some apple juice.

Just eating now. Supper at 10:30. The wait was worth it and leftovers should be great to eat. Felt good to get my Q on.

ypyby6um.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

That is a fine looking brisket. I have the same problem with deer. They hang around my place in herds. I had to build a deer fence.

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky