First Spatchcock Post (w/ Qview)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

new2que

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Greenville, SC
Hey Guys,

My first spatchcock was actually at old WILLIAM BRICE stadium last Saturday when my Gamecocks watched the Tide roll away. 

It was still on sale this week though, so I decided to smoke on up for dinner and some lunches this week, did it on the "Cocky" drum.

Enjoy.

First, he is a picture at the Game saturday after i'd enjoyed the first Spatchcock, it was a lemon/garlic/jerk marinade.  It was delish but I didnt get many pictures.  I was also enjoying our healthy lead... I'm on the right with a very natural grin, my friend on the left however (a Bama fan) was forcing it.

049fd3f1_rollingoverthetide.jpg

Ok so last nights chicken... I split it then rubbed it down inside and out.  I also seperated the skin on the breasts and rubbed it with olive oil and Tony C's to get some flavor in there.  I also had thrown on a couple russet taters, but they arent pictured.

b0fc3282_uncookedspatchcock.jpg

UDS, TBS

0ca0a222_TBS.jpg

Done, and it was great.  225 for 3.5 hours.

5347e3b6_cookedspatchcock.jpg

icon_cool.gif

Now that bird almost looks as godd as those GameCocks did on Saturday. How is the ole ball coach anyway..........Go GATORS

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky