First Sourdough

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So I made my first sourdough after working with my starter for over a month. I had a hard time getting the starter to the correct stage but it is finally ready. The bread was delicious, but not a lot of sourdough flavor. I'm not sure if they will get more sour as the starter ages. It was a simple starter just 60 grams each of water and flour daily. View attachment 655045View attachment 655044
Looks beautiful! Store bought sour dough has citrus acid added to the dough to get the sour flavor. Look at an ingredients list. Did you cold ferment in the fridge over night? Sometimes that helps. When I make mine it’s hit or miss as fas the rise goes but I keep trying..

Looks beautiful! Store bought sour dough has citrus acid added to the dough to get the sour flavor. Look at an ingredients list. Did you cold ferment in the fridge over night? Sometimes that helps. When I make mine it’s hit or miss as fas the rise goes but I keep trying..
No I didn't know about the overnight ferment. I'm going to try it next time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky