First SNS smoke on the 26" Kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeye02

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 26, 2020
Ohio
Decided something quick for the first smoke. Some bacon wrapped stuffed jalapeños along with some chicken thighs. Hit the chicken thighs with some Boars Head white lightning first then back over it with some Pitboss sweet heat. Have the kettle running around 300° with a couple apple chunks and one chunk of hickory.

Attachments

• 20210418_144532.jpg
    20210418_144532.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 26
Not a very good picture but the final product turned out pretty good! Will freeze the chicken and eat the peppers. Chicken will be used for dinner this week to go with my keto diet.

Attachments

• 20210418_161437.jpg
    20210418_161437.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 18
Thanks! Still trying to figure out smoking with the chunks. I know chicken takes on Smoke pretty easy. Last time I used just apple and didn't get enough. This time I used a couple apple and 1 hickory and it was on the strong side. Just gonna have to keep playing around until I can figure out that happy medium

Reactions: Wurstmeister
Thanks! Still trying to figure out smoking with the chunks. I know chicken takes on Smoke pretty easy. Last time I used just apple and didn't get enough. This time I used a couple apple and 1 hickory and it was on the strong side. Just gonna have to keep playing around until I can figure out that happy medium
Looks good! How you like the SNS so far? I made my own. Works really well. As for using hickory, the smoke is very strong. Try using more apple chunks or mix with cherry.
Keep on smokin!

Looks good! How you like the SNS so far? I made my own. Works really well. As for using hickory, the smoke is very strong. Try using more apple chunks or mix with cherry.
Keep on smokin!
I like it so far. This was the first time in the bigger kettle. I used it a few times in the 22. It worked great today. Had the bottle cracked about 1/16 to 1/8 open and the top about a quarter and maintained close to 300 for about 2 hours with no problem. Lit 15 briquettes and put em in the corner then put a chimney full of unlit in with it. Still had quite a bit left over after the cook. So, so far so good!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky