First smoker build reverse flow any suggestions????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If your coal base is 6" off the bottom I would want my intake bottom at 4" and the top around 7" or 8" at the top. I like to catch the bottom and at least the middle of my coal base.

Just a thought you could use rectangle or square tube for those vents. Once the hole is cut in firebox mark the tube and cut the inside off, that would leave you with a nice flat surface to build your vents into. Would save a lot of welding doing it that way rather than using all plate.

Kyle

Last edited:
length x width of the opening...  = square inches....   Going bigger will be a help..  The air flow has to take a 180 around the RF plate and that causes friction....  GO BIGGER ....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky