First smoked turkey breast - AMAZING!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Cant put the cure #1 in the brine and heat it. Add the cure after the brine has cooled.

I thought the not using hot water to mix cureing salt was debunked.

If I am wrong, I would like to correct my thinking.

JC

Below is the most recent discussion on Cure #1 in Heated Water. While I see no reason whatsoever why you can not dissolve Salt, Sugar and Cure #1 in Hot Tap Water, then add Ice, Cold Water or Refrigerate to cool below 40°F before adding meat or injecting, there is conflicting info on Boiling the Brine. Since there is no good reason TOO boil Cure #1, I don't. We are adding Grams not KILOS after all...JJ

Last edited:
Ok now forward to the next turkey breast.
I wasn't sure and thought it important to ask for a clarification. So now we know and as JC said safety is always first and most important.

Warren

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky