First smoked cut of beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Munson

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 7, 2020
Smoked a tri tip tonight and reverse seared in cast iron skillet.

5B63945E-C9BA-4A87-A5DC-E47DE4C8DF3B.jpeg

84523DEF-0AFA-4D07-8998-69C17251D2CC.jpeg

Got two thumbs up from the family so that’s a win in my book!

I'm guessing it won't be your last. :emoji_thumbsup: No lack of moistness on that, it looks perfect.

It looks like you have figured out the noticeable change in grain (and slicing) direction on a tri-tip but I always take a photo when raw, or make a sketch so I know how to make the elbow cut.

Reactions: Munson and TNJAKE
I'm guessing it won't be your last. :emoji_thumbsup: No lack of moistness on that, it looks perfect.

It looks like you have figured out the noticeable change in grain (and slicing) direction on a tri-tip but I always take a photo when raw, or make a sketch so I know how to make the elbow cut.

Yeah, I watched no less than 5 videos on how to slice a tri tip, lol!

Heck yeah! Throw some ketchup on there and it'd be perfect..... :emoji_laughing: ! But really, I love a tri tip. And yours looks darn good.
Jim

Welcome to SMF Munson. Spectacular results on that TT! Perfect doneness...

Heck yeah! Throw some ketchup on there and it'd be perfect..... :emoji_laughing: ! But really, I love a tri tip. And yours looks darn good.
Jim

What are you the Biggest Ketchup Fanatic since Mr. HEINZ ?😁
Ketchup on ANY Beef other than Burgers or Meatloaf is SACRILEGE and grounds for Repeating the 5 Day Smoking Meat eCourse! 😨😂

You're cook is spot on, looks fantastic. You shouldn't change a thing there. Only suggestion would be to cut your slices about half as thick as you have them. There's so much flavor in the trip you don't need it so thick, and it will increase overall tenderness.

You're cook is spot on, looks fantastic. You shouldn't change a thing there. Only suggestion would be to cut your slices about half as thick as you have them. There's so much flavor in the trip you don't need it so thick, and it will increase overall tenderness.

Thanks for the input!

Nice work . You nailed the finish temp on that . Good work on the slicing too .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky