• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First smoked cut of beef

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 1, 2019
I'm guessing it won't be your last. :emoji_thumbsup: No lack of moistness on that, it looks perfect.

It looks like you have figured out the noticeable change in grain (and slicing) direction on a tri-tip but I always take a photo when raw, or make a sketch so I know how to make the elbow cut.

Munson

Fire Starter
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 7, 2020
I'm guessing it won't be your last. :emoji_thumbsup: No lack of moistness on that, it looks perfect.

It looks like you have figured out the noticeable change in grain (and slicing) direction on a tri-tip but I always take a photo when raw, or make a sketch so I know how to make the elbow cut.
Yeah, I watched no less than 5 videos on how to slice a tri tip, lol!

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Heck yeah! Throw some ketchup on there and it'd be perfect..... :emoji_laughing: ! But really, I love a tri tip. And yours looks darn good.
Jim

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Welcome to SMF Munson. Spectacular results on that TT! Perfect doneness...

Heck yeah! Throw some ketchup on there and it'd be perfect..... :emoji_laughing: ! But really, I love a tri tip. And yours looks darn good.
Jim
What are you the Biggest Ketchup Fanatic since Mr. HEINZ ?😁
Ketchup on ANY Beef other than Burgers or Meatloaf is SACRILEGE and grounds for Repeating the 5 Day Smoking Meat eCourse! 😨😂

D.W.

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 13, 2018
You're cook is spot on, looks fantastic. You shouldn't change a thing there. Only suggestion would be to cut your slices about half as thick as you have them. There's so much flavor in the trip you don't need it so thick, and it will increase overall tenderness.

Munson

Fire Starter
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 7, 2020
You're cook is spot on, looks fantastic. You shouldn't change a thing there. Only suggestion would be to cut your slices about half as thick as you have them. There's so much flavor in the trip you don't need it so thick, and it will increase overall tenderness.
Thanks for the input!

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Nice work . You nailed the finish temp on that . Good work on the slicing too .

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks Great, but not sold in stores in my area.
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.