First smoke (spares) w/ Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

roadkill cafe

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 28, 2012
South Florida
Well, I figured better late (very late in this case) than never. Smoked a couple slabs (cut in 1/2) of spares back on Superbowl Sunday with a homemade rub. Splash of worstershire before the rub went on and they relaxed in the fridge overnight. I had the butcher at Publix separate the tips for me. After 9 hours in the smoker with some hickory chips, the ones on the bottom were done. Mom came over to watch the game with me (I think it was more to devour the ribs) and before long the first two and some tips were history. The remaining ribs STILL weren't done at close to 10 hours so they were pulled, put in pan sealed with foil and finished in oven for 45 min. They all came out absolutely fall off the bone, lip smackin' perfect (ribs, not tips). Tips were a bit dry. All were brushed with some Jack Daniel's Grillin' Sauce during their last hour in the smoker. Thanks tons to Scooper for his insight!! Anyways, enjoy the Q-View.

Rubbed and ready for the smoker.

67e5e80a_DSC_0016.jpg

Close up of rub

22d11796_DSC_0017.jpg

90d89d1f_DSC_0019.jpg

53fe292f_DSC_0018.jpg

After a few hours hanging out in the smoker

e1b433b2_DSC_0022.jpg

NEVER trust the door thermometer on a Master Forge. Look how far off this one was!! I had them send a replacement and now it reads hotter than it actually is. Sure glad I listened to the folks on this forum and invested in a Maverick 732. It's DA BOMB!!

a49310e9_DSC_0020.jpg

da0669ef_DSC_0021.jpg

And now for the money shots!!!

7173599d_DSC_0025.jpg

67d1de99_DSC_0026.jpg

15ddfcd1_DSC_0028.jpg

I was told the folks here like a lot of pics so there they are. Hope you enjoyed the Q-View.
xrocker.gif

Ribs look great and thank you for the graphic difference in the thermometer pic!  No better way to show how inaccurate they are!  i will make note of this thread and refer others to it if it is ok!
Thanks and not a problem Pops. If you want, I can post just the thermometer pics in the propane forum.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky