First Smoke on the Pitts & Spitts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbwiljr

Original poster
Aug 1, 2021
First smoke on the new Pitts & Spitts smoker. Akaushi Wagyu brisket. 😋. The yellow mustard and Meat Church Holy Cow seasoning combination worked perfectly. I obviously need some practice on the butcher paper “tight wrap”. 🤣
6278C397-731A-4E6E-988A-9127A5C227C5.jpeg
BF33A400-6168-4133-9D48-974E27E1AB76.jpeg
2CB2D8C2-99CB-4930-8987-A1FE1727AE09.jpeg
33103DB5-B6B6-45BC-8F78-E1415A9C2F8D.jpeg
26648483-301D-4C83-9333-C25DFD15F8C3.jpeg

Major mistake on my part. Once the brisket had rested we were so hungry and excited that we got ahead of ourselves and dove right in. We had already cleaned up and put up when I realized the faux pas. I will say the fat side up produced a ton of juice. There wasn’t much of a smoke ring but I kind of expected that fat side up. I know, it is like the proverbial tree in the forest when no one was there to hear it fall.

Reactions: JLeonard
We'll let ya slide on the no cut pics this time. Next time you will be cleaning smokers with a toothbrush. LOL! Brisket looks amazing.

JIm

Reactions: jbwiljr
Pretty Smoker and the Brisket looks great...JJ

Boy that is pretty brave to use your first run on a new smoker with a Wagyu brisket, but it looks like it turned out good. Wish you would have put some sliced pics in there, so we could see the inside & how flexible it was.
Al

Well I don’t know if I would call it brave. I have been cooking on a GMG Daniel Boone for 5 years and decided to go for an upgrade. My first Wagyu but I often cook prime when I can get it. It turned out great, but for what they cost the meat ought to be good. Operator error would be my biggest concern. If taking a final photo was all I got wrong I feel pretty good about the first cook on my new smoker. I am looking for my toothbrush so I can clean that baby up now. 😆

Boy that is pretty brave to use your first run on a new smoker with a Wagyu brisket, but it looks like it turned out good. Wish you would have put some sliced pics in there, so we could see the inside & how flexible it was.
Al

Al saved me some typing-----I agree with everything he said!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky