First smoke ever..not relaxing!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin irish

Original poster
Feb 5, 2011
Elkhart Indiana
First .. Thanks to all you guys experience,That I learned here,made ti thru Smoke. Ribs,no foil,pulled menbrane,mustard,

Rub. preheat 275 loaded,temp came down to 225 on masterbuilt 30 dig display,matching my probe in potatoe on center rack. Tbs rollin,ok went inside to kickback for a while,1 1/2 hrs later came back ,probe read 269.Finally got to 225 on probe with Mb display set at 175, Called customer service today,3 minutes on phone a new control is on the way!

The ribs got smoked 5 1/2 hrs, OMG!! I havnt had smoked ribs before,they were the BOMB!

Yes I took pics,but came out blurry. Next smoke I will check pic before chowing.

One thing you guys didnt teach me was make a hell of a lot if you want leftovers!

Smoker for life,Im pumped about this. God that tasted good!

Your garage smells good the next day too!

Thanks

So I take it you liked how things went???
icon_razz.gif

You ALWAYS cook more then you will think you need - that is why they invented freezers - plus - you need leftovers for lunch/dinner the next week!

Congrats on your first cook -you are now hooked for life.

Congrats and just think, It only gets Better!

Way to go Irish, your hooked now! Nothing like hitting a homer your first time at bat! Congrats!

Sounds like you had fun!

Next time make the pics a little bigger---I couldn't even see them!

Bear

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
icon_cool.gif

Ok,Ok Blurry pictures are here

Ribs,turkey breast with wild willes rub

Knottypine cabinet,inside lined with cedar

fold up shelf,papertowell holder,casters

handles on MES
b67f217f_017.jpg
f312947a_010.jpg
567e4499_018.jpg
52700289_015.jpg

Reactions: cowgirl
Maybe this time the blurry pictures will take

ribs,turkeybreast with WildWilles rub

Knottypine cabinet,cedar lined

paper towell holder,fold up shelf

casters,handles on MES
f15fd292_010.jpg
e4d1e1e7_018.jpg
9a6153dc_017.jpg
a3834dc4_015.jpg

Yup-- lookin' good, Irish!

Tip--If you shake your head really fast, the blurry pictures get clear---Don't hurt yourself!

Bear

I think the boy had too much coffee to drink. Seriously it all looks good, even in the blurry pics. I'm jumping up & down & shaking my head back & forth & I can see the pics perfectly! Thanks for the tip Bear! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky