First shot at a rack of Lamb!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Teal101

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 2, 2020
After seeing this post
I decided it was time to try some Lamb. I hadnt had it since I was a kid and dont remember it being one of my favorites. My fiancee had never had it before so the experiment was on! I followed this herb crust to a T using Dijon Mustard, Parsley, Shallots, Thyme, Olive Oil, and Garlic. Did some basic trimming to the rack to remove the fat as has been discussed on here often as leading to the gamey flavor some experience with Lamb. I let the rack sit in the fridge uncovered for around 4hrs before cooking. 225* on the Traeger with some GMG blend pellets for about 1.5hrs then a quick sear on the gas grill to help crust it up. I had the gas grill too hot to start and ended up losing some crust on the grates, lesson for next time! I also made a reduction following the recipe in this thread
Paired with some salad and green beans the meal was fantastic. The Fiancee loved the lamb and the reduction, a make again for sure. Thanks to everyone who posted up their recipes to inspire this cook.
20200209_123450.jpg
20200209_124343.jpg
20200209_130310.jpg
20200209_173925.jpg
20200209_181028.jpg

Lamb looks great nice job! I love lamb its been awhile since I have done one but all these lamb posts has me craving some!
Thanks! Wish it wasnt so expensive or we would have it more often!

For searing next time, oil your grate first. Pour some cooking oil into a cup, fold up a paper towel, grab it with tongs and soak it in the oil, then rub your grill grate. Of course you brushed the grate down first, right?

Reactions: Teal101
For searing next time, oil your grate first. Pour some cooking oil into a cup, fold up a paper towel, grab it with tongs and soak it in the oil, then rub your grill grate. Of course you brushed the grate down first, right?
Grates are cleaned every time and oiled down. They're decently seasoned. I just ran too hot and some of the paste burned onto the grates and some just fell off. It didnt set as well as I had hoped in the traeger. Live and learn!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky