First run on a new 22" kettle - Drum sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
would 1 1/2or 2 thin fire bricks end to end have a similar effect as the baskets or the slow n sear ?
the charcoal would rest on the curve of the bowl with the bricks holding the charcoal in place .
just curious .......

I am going to keep the Weber ones and try it out using the roto tomorrow. did you set yours up yet?
You'll like those baskets I bet . No . Getting ready to open it up . Rainy here today . Doesn't bother me , I used to stand it it 8 hours a day . Just have to get the kettle up under the roof .

would 1 1/2or 2 thin fire bricks end to end have a similar effect as the baskets or the slow n sear ?
I bank the coals without the baskets all the time . You could use bricks .
The effect depends on how you light them .

Reactions: JeffB1961
did you set yours up yet?
Well that figures . Missing a handle on the pizza block out . Should be a handle where the dimples are . Missing a screw too . It's peened in place , so it should be on there . I'll try to get them to send me a door . If not I'll just make a handle . I'll have to think on it I guess .
1647707709609.jpeg

Well that figures . Missing a handle on the pizza block out . Should be a handle where the dimples are . Missing a screw too . It's peened in place , so it should be on there . I'll try to get them to send me a door . If not I'll just make a handle . I'll have to think on it I guess .
View attachment 529429
If it was from amazon, ask for a replacement, when that comes makes between them you get a complete version and return what is left. They are pretty good about that stuff.

Reactions: chopsaw
Yeah . When I bought my 26 it showed up damaged . Big dent on the lip of the bottom , and chipped out . So I sent it back . 2 weeks after I got the new one , one cook in , it blew over in a wind storm .
I had Amazon send them a message asking for a new door . If they don't want to do that I'll have to see what I want to do . It's a standard pattern for a drawer pull . I can get a SS pull for a couple bucks . I already mad e a wood handle .
Walking away from it for now . I was gonna use it tonight . Oh well .
I like it though .

Reactions: clifish
I wish my first cool of drumsticks looked that good. Drumsticks are a staple in my house and i get chastised when they are cooked in the Oven because i am to much of a ,( well you know) to go out in the snow for just drum sticks.

Reactions: clifish
I wish my first cool of drumsticks looked that good. Drumsticks are a staple in my house and i get chastised when they are cooked in the Oven because i am to much of a ,( well you know) to go out in the snow for just drum sticks.
I am not sure I would be running out in the snow to do drum sticks either...lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky