• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First ribs

labradave

Joined Jun 9, 2016
first beef ribs, first beef anything I've smoked! So I thought I'd try for something simple. Beef side ribs, already sliced by the butcher. Kept the rub simple, just salt ,pepper ,onion and garlic.
First time beef, first time using hickory, first time I learned to relax while smoking and don't sweat it too much.
Halfway through, sauced em and rotated .
The final product. Tender, juicy, smokey, only problem was I didn't make enough. And the best part was the feeling of starting to know what I'm doing with the kettle. Until next time, cheers!

Last edited:

worktogthr

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 3, 2013
first beef ribs, first beef anything I've smoked! So I thought I'd try for something simple. Beef side ribs, already sliced by the butcher. Kept the rub simple, just salt ,pepper ,onion and garlic.
First time beef, first time using hickory, first time I learned to relax while smoking and don't sweat it too much.
Halfway through, sauced em and rotated .
The final product. Tender, juicy, smokey, only problem was I didn't make enough. And the best part was the feeling of starting to know what I'm doing with the kettle. Until next time, cheers!
Those look great! Congrats on your first beef rib cook!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Your ribs look fantastic!

Nice job!

Al

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
Nice bones Labradave. 

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.